Every fan in attendance during the Hurricanes home opener, will receive this wall flag. c/o Carolina Hurricanes
By Dathan Kazsuk | Jan 13, 2013
Twitter: @TriangleAT | Facebook: Triangle Around Town | Instagram: @trianglearoundtown
The NHL season will start on Jan. 19, with a brief 48-game season.
Our Carolina Hurricanes will start the season in Florida, going head-to-head against the Panthers on that day, and will have their home opener at PNC Arena on Jan. 22 when they go up against Steven Stamkos and the Tampa Bay Lightning.
If you are looking to buy a ticket, single-game tickets go on sale on Jan. 16.
Opening night will have a lot for the fans who missed hockey, and aren’t boycotting a handful of games to show the NHL’s players and owners that what they did to the fans was wrong.
- Hurricane alumni Aaron Ward and Cory Stillman will be signing autographs on the north end of the main concourse from 6:00-6:45pm.
- All ‘Canes fans will receive a Hurricanes wall flag, courtesy of PNC.
- There will be “Top Shelf Gifts” at every whistle stop, as more the $50,000 in premium tickets, merchandise and fan experiences will be given away.
- There will be $1 hot dogs, popcorn and sodas at the team’s first two home games. Now, you would have sold $1 beer, I would be out there!!!
- And all merchandise at The Eye will be discounted 50 percent from Jan. 13-24. (Can you say, time to go get your official Ward jersey now).
During this short season, the Hurricanes will face nine sets of back-to-back games. They will also play six consecutive games away from PNC arena from Feb. 2-12. And for the people who find it difficult to get to a game on Mondays-Wednesdays … 16 of the 24 home games will fall on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
For the complete 48-game schedule, click here.