Sunday, January 13, 2013

Big Boss Brewery delivers The Countess to The Architect

Jon and Aaron Seelbinder.

By Dathan Kazsuk | Jan 13, 2013
Twitter: @TriangleAT | Facebook: Triangle Around Town | Instagram: @trianglearoundtown


It was a painfully long and dull Friday at work, and I was counting down the hours until I got in my car and headed downtown to The Architect Bar & Social House on Hargett St. in Raleigh.

It just so happened to be the Big Boss Brewing release of their latest creation, The Countess. Ordering up a pint, this ale had subtle hints of raspberries, which left a nice crisp finish on my palate. 

The Architect also had two cocktails crafted up for the night using The Countess. My wife ordered the Apple Pie, which I didn’t pay attention to what was in the drink, but knew it had some hints of the beer, and a prevalent apple taste. She really enjoyed that drink. I, on the other hand, ordered the Blackberry Whiskey Sour with a splash of The Countess. Two thumbs up.

During the evening, music was provided by soul/rock singer, Jason Adamo. He and his band did some great acoustic renditions of some classic songs by The Rolling Stones, Van Halen and Leonard Cohen.

The people arriving up the stairwell ordered their Countess beers, and sat at tables helping themselves to several build-it-yourself s’mores kits. This was a courteous offering by Architect owner Jon Seelbinder, and his brother, Aaron. I said I was going to be good and not have one, but I couldn’t resist.

Several employees of Big Boss Brewing were also on hand, passing out stickers and bottle-opener key chains. And behind the bar, the bartenders were handing out Big Boss pint glasses to people. It was a good night for me – coming home with 3 stickers, 2 pint glasses and a couple key chains.

This was my first time to the bar, and with the friendly customer service behind the bar, the atmosphere, and hopefully a chance to see the hidden “Speakeasy” … I will be back again.

Follow us on Twitter